New Contact for Cancer Patients
Many more people are surviving cancer and the MacMillan organisation wish to support nurses in general practice.
Here at Manor, we have taken up this opportunity and our Practice Nurse Claire has now completed the Cancer Care Course for Practice Nurses run by MacMillan.
This means she is now able to offer increased support to:
- Patients with a new diagnosis of Cancer
- Patients who have completed their treatment
Please telephone the surgery or ask at reception to book an appointment with Claire.
Stockport Specialist Palliative Care Team
NOW HOLD MACMILLAN CLINICAL NURSE LED CLINICS
MONDAYS 2PM - 6PM
VENUE: Caritas General Practice (formerly Dial House Medical Practice)
131 Mile End Lane, Mile End, Stockport, SK2 6BZ
FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH 1PM - 4:30PM
VENUE: St Ann's Hospice
St Ann's Road North, Heald Green, Stockport, SK8 3SZ
You may need support from our team for various reasons:
- Management of symptoms caused by your illness
- To provide you and your family/carers with support and information that may help you make decisions about the care and treatment you could be offered
- Help you and our family adjust to living with a serious illness
- Advice on benefits and additional financial assistance
- Help in dealing with spiritual questions which may arise from your illness
- Referral to other Palliative Care Services
For an appointment call: 0161 426 5266.