The practice normally communicates with patients via letter for routine needs and telephone calls for urgent matters.
The Accessible Information Standard applies to patients who have information or communication needs relating to a disability, impairment or sensory loss.
It also applies to parents and carers of patients who have such information or communication needs, where appropriate.
Individuals most likely to be affected by the Standard include people who are blind or deaf, who have some hearing or visual loss, people who are deafblind and people with a learning disability.
If you need help communicating with us please let us know and we can discuss your needs.
- We can send your letters in large print.
- We can email your letters to you.
- We have an induction loop system fitted at Offerton Health Centre.
- We have a member of staff who is trained in the use of British Sign Language.
- We can send text message reminders for appointments.
- We offer online appointment booking.
This list is not exhaustive please discuss your needs with us.